Our Organic Commitment
All our organic raw ingredients have been carefully selected to work synergistically with the skin. We have maintained our formulations to the highest possible standard of active and medicinal properties which deliver results. We source from reputable suppliers who must provide us with their certification and all ingredients must be traceable to their source.
Mukti Botanicals is certified by the Organic Food Chain Pty Ltd. The logo assures and instils consumer confidence that our products are veritably organic by origin and nature.
The majority of our products are certified organic which means that 95% of the content is certified organic origin. The other products are over 70% certified organic content and are classified as containing certified organic ingredients. The balance of the formulations excluding water and non agricultural ingredients such as minerals and salt must be from natural origin.
To maintain our certified organic status our products are free of the following ingredients:
- Petrochemicals and other synthetic substances
- Non organic products of animal origins
- Fragrances and other colour components of non-organic or synthetic origin
- Anti-microbial agents not produced from organic sources.
- Chelating agents based on EDTA and its salts.
- Fatty Chain source material of petrochemical origin
- Sulphonation, ethoxylation and propoxylation
- Alkyl Sulphates (eg Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Coco Sulphate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate)
- Alkyl Ether Sulphates (eg Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate)
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEGS)
- Polysorbates (eg Polysorbate 20)
- Ethanolamides (eg Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA)
- Chemically synthesised sunscreens
- Potentially harmful preservatives such as parabens, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and parfum
Labelling standards in Australia are not stringently regulated and can be misleading to the consumer. The word organic is open to interpretation and in most cases is not reflective of the product contents.
If products are exported there is some assurance as to the authenticity of claims due to AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service) which serves to regulate and protect the reputation of Australian products in overseas markets.
In order to export products and claim organic status you must be a certified as an organic processor/grower by an AQIS approved certifying body. Manufacturing facilities and formulations undergo very strict regulatory standards and audits to authenticate that products and inputs are certified organic. As there is not currently a national standard for skin care and cosmetics classification comes under the “National Food Standard for Organic and Bio-dynamic Produce”.
About our Organic Products
As with fresh food, all Mukti Botanicals products are made on site daily to ensure quality, integrity and freshness. We only utilise the purest and highest grade certified organic and natural ingredients direct from our suppliers.
Our products are infused with ingredients that you would find in a well balanced diet including antioxidants, carotenoids, flavonoids, polyphenols, herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. All of which naturally assist with maintaining a youthful complexion and aid skin regeneration.
All our organic raw ingredients have been carefully selected to work synergistically with the skin. We have maintained our formulations to the highest possible standard of active and medicinal properties which deliver results. We source from reputable suppliers who must provide us with their certification and all ingredients must be traceable to their source. Unlike conventional products you will be delighted to discover that a little of our product goes a long way. We use minimal and natural preservation.